Our boat – Firebrand IV
Firebrand IV is our latest 8 meter Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) and is the first in the British Isles to have an onboard, underwater camera. Other features include:
- 17″ TV screen to plot your course and view the underwater world in the shallows.
- Echosounder images viewable on TV screen.
- Underwater viewing boxes
- Photographs to illustrate our trip
- Binoculars provided
- Waterproofs can be provided
- Guests are seated on a secure internal seat.
Firebrand IV is powered by a yamaha 225HP engine. It is fully licensed by the MCA, insured and coded for 12 passengers and carries a full complement of safety equipment. Life jackets provided. Firebrand IV trips operate from St Mary’s quay.
Firebrand IV is used by the BBC Natural History department for film making.